Friday, January 19, 2007

My first cupcake adventure










I must admit, i'm usually too lazy, to frost my cupcakes.. But today, I did the basic chocolate cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, with a bit of instant coffee and some chopped almonds, and I felt inspired to do one of my favorite frostings, which is a coffee frosting. I haven't got a decent recipe, but the thing I do is, I mix some margerine and some boiling water (about 1/2 of each), and a lot of instant coffee. Then I mix it with some confectioners sugar, until it has a good texture. Spread it on the cooled cupcakes, and decorate with some chopped almonds. Maaan, it's good.
The green ones, are made with some green marzipan, water and confectioners sugar, and decorated with chopped, frozen raspberrys.
The coffee ones were definately my favorites, but my boyfriend liked the green ones better. But he IS a sucker for anything green..




1 comment:

ethnenid said...

any chance you could email me the recipe for the cupcakes? (btw, are they gluten free??)
they look amazing!!
danielle
(daniellevility@gmail.com)